Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Newstead Philosophy of the Day...July 1, 2009

No pics for today - it is too peaceful out on the deck to even think about moving. There is a young squirrel gorging on sunflower seeds from one of the bird feeders, crows yelling in the next yard, sun on the ripening tomatoes and dogs sleeping in the shade. I don't know that it gets much better than this - forget the TYLCV on some of the tomatoes and the blight? on the bush beans... sitting out here with the fountain gurgling, birds singing in the trees and all quiet elsewhere is panacea to the soul.I dream of my perfect small country home on many acres with orchards, free range chickens, a large paddock for the dogs with a pond - but sometimes we have to just revel in the moment and enjoy what we have today.

1 comment:

JoyceAnn said...

Sounds like a perfect day , I love days like that. Your veggies look wonderful , glad the tomatoes are producing in spite of the problems. I just harvested my first cherry tomatoes today , we ate them in a salad tonight , they taste so good.

~ Garden Blessings ~
JoyceAnn